Lincolnton, NC (L Town Radio) – Matthew J. Burton
While most kids still have plenty of summer left, some students will soon be heading back to school in a couple of weeks, and it’s stressing out their parents. For most of our listening area, The Lincoln County School Bell will ring again on August 12th.
A new survey finds that 57% of parents with school-aged children (between five and 18), consider the back-to-school season the most stressful part of the year. And while both parents and kids worry each time a new school year starts, it seems parents worry far more, with 29% of parents concerned about the new school year, as compared to only 12% of students.
So, what are so many parents stressed out about? Well, the top concern is whether or not their child will have good teachers (50%), followed by whether they’ll be eating healthy at school (44%). Other top worries include:
- Cost of buying new school supplies (42%)
- My child’s safety at school (40%)
- If my child will make friends at school (40%)
- If my child is eating healthy after-school snacks (37%)
- The quality of education my child is receiving (37%)
- My child’s homework load (35%)
- My child getting sick (34%)
- If my child will do well academically (34%)
Parents, We get it. We are parents too! It’s rough getting everything done and still maintaining the happy balance within the house. So we have some questions for you!
- Parents, do you find back-to-school season the most stressful? Why?
- Do you think you worry more about the new school year than your child?
- What are your biggest concerns when it comes to a new school year?
- Have you already started back-to-school shopping? About how much do you think you normally spend?
We would love to hear your answers! Comment below!