Parenting is a 24/7 job but you need self-care too.
Moms and dads have very little time for themselves, not that they regret it, so self-care can be tricky. If you aren’t balanced in the well-being department, it’s tough to make sure the kids are.
Here are some ideas for you to look after your well being, in 30 minutes or less.
Less than five minutes:
- Try mindful tooth brushing.
- Set up a bedside beauty station.
- Write handwritten cards to friends you’ve lost touch with.
- Treat yourself to your favorite warm beverage (latte, golden milk, anything!).
- Clean out a kitchen drawer that’s been bothering you. Pull out everything, toss the junk, and get it organized if that gives you peace.
- Take off your work clothes or at-home sweats and put on something that truly makes you feel good, like silk PJs!
- Walk outside and mindfully tune in to your surroundings.
- Borrow your kid’s coloring book, put on a playlist you like, and start coloring.
- Write down something that’s bothering you or keeping you up at night. Then start thinking about the steps you need to take in order to complete the goal, working backward.
- Stash your phone in your pocket and go on a nature walk.
- Make yourself some tea and take a soothing bath.
- Cue up your favorite workout and get exercising.
- Set up a phone date with a friend you’ve lost touch with. Make sure they’re available to chat with you too.
- Go to a bookstore and dive into a book or your favorite magazines.
- Start and complete a mini art project. Maybe it’s turning the pictures on your phone into an album.