Raleigh, NC ( L TOWN RADIO) –
North Carolina House Senior Appropriations Chairman Jason Saine (District 97 – Lincoln) announced today that he has successfully secured several critical investments and grants in the state budget compromise for the citizens of Lincoln County.
The $24 billion budget compromise , which was released yesterday, is expected to be approved and sent to the Governor by the end of the week. Overall, the budget further invests in education, increases teacher and state employee salaries, funds a new statewide school construction initiative and allocates disaster recovery resources.
“I am very proud of the budget compromise that we have crafted with Senate leadership and with input from stakeholders across the state,” Saine said. “I am glad to have secured funding for needs in Lincoln County that I believe will help all of our citizens.”
Budget Highlights for Lincoln County:
· $4,500,000 for Courthouse Renovation & Repair
· New District Attorney Investigator Position
· New Public Defenders, District 27B
· $375,000 for a Lincoln County EMS Substation
· $13,071,054 for Lincoln County Schools Capital Money
· $75,000 Lincoln County Veterans Training and Conference room
· $94,000 in Emergency Management Grants to Lincoln County for an emergency management vehicle and trailer
· $150,000 for Public Safety Grants to County Sheriff’s Office
· $45,000 for a Literacy Vehicle for Lincoln County Public Library
· Inclusion in the Life Changing Experiences Pilot
· $25,000 for Crisis Pregnancy Center of Lincoln County
· $25,000 for Heartbeats Pregnancy Center in Denver
L Town Radio will continue to follow this and update as we get them.